(Updated as of August, 2018)
This Global Privacy Notice to Users of Alipay Services applies to our users of our Alipay Services (Users) and other relevant individuals worldwide, including:
· each individual outside of the EU who is a registered member of a merchant site, and who makes online purchase or sale from the merchant site using Alipay Services (as defined below); and
· each merchant outside of the EU being a sole trader who buys or sells products or services on a merchant site using Alipay Services (as defined below).
If you are an individual in the European Union (EU) whose personal data we process in relation to either our offer of goods or services to you or our monitoring of your behaviour in the EU (EU Users, please click here for your Privacy Notice.
The term “merchant site” means any web-based marketplace platform to which our website is linked or its corresponding mobile application, if applicable (each a merchant site), including:
Alipay Services are services provided by us and our affiliates (collectively, referred to as the Alipay Group) to facilitate payments in connect with online transactions on these merchant sites and are only available to registered members of the merchant sites. Please see here our terms and conditions for the Alipay Services.
We want you to understand:
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE PROCESS ABOUT YOU?
The personal information that we process includes:
· your basic personal details;
· contact information;
· registration details;
· financial information;
· transaction details; and
· technical information, including:
· information about the device you use to interact with us, and
· information from your visits to our websites.
2. HOW WE OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information when you browse our website (https://intl.alipay.com/), register as a User of Alipay Services, or login to your Alipay account to use our Alipay Services on a merchant site; or when you sell or provide products or services on one of the merchant sites using Alipay Services.
We also receive personal information about you from other sources, including
· merchant sites from which you buy or sell goods or services using Alipay Services;
· Alipay Group companies and our suppliers providing services to you on our behalf;
· banks and other payment institutions that we cooperate with to provide you with the Alipay Services; and
· publicly available sources.
We combine information that we have about you from various sources including the information you have provided to us.
Please refer to How we use your personal information for more details.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
(1) verifying your identity, including during account creation and payment password reset processes;
(2) verifying your eligibility as a User of Alipay Services (including “know your customer”, anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing verification);
(3) processing your registration as a User, maintaining and managing your registration;
(4) providing you with Alipay Services and related user services, including facilitating the settlement of purchase price for goods and services, shipping and related services for purchases, charge-backs, sending notices about transactions, and responding to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes;
(5) managing risk, performing creditworthiness and solvency checks, or assessing, detecting, investigating, preventing or remediating fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities and otherwise protecting the integrity of our payments platform;
(6) detecting, investigating, preventing or remediating violations of your agreements with us or the merchant site or any applicable policy, industry standards, guidelines, laws and regulations and our policies;
(7) making disclosures as may be required by any law or regulation, government official or other third party, including any card association or other payment network. Such disclosures may also be made pursuant to any subpoena, court order or other legal process or requirement applicable to us or any Alipay Group company (including “know your customer”, anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing reporting requirements or other commercial disputes);
(8) making disclosures to third parties including relevant regulators to prevent any harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to deal with any claim or potential claim brought against us or any Alipay Group company;
(9) improving and optimizing the Alipay Services for all users;
(10) managing our business including to protect users, protect lives, maintain the security of our products, and protect our rights or property; and
(11) we may also use your personal information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
4. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We share certain of your personal information with:
· companies in the Alipay Group providing services on our behalf or to which we provide services;
· trusted third parties including:
· any agent, contractor or third party service provider that we work with in providing Alipay Services. We work with third parties to help us with fraud prevention, AML checks, credit checking, bill collection, data entry, database management, promotions, marketing, customer service, technology services, products and services alerts and payment extension services;
· entities with whom Alipay maintain commercial arrangements, including merchant sites, online merchants, and companies in the Alibaba Group;
· banks, card associations, payment networks or acquiring institutions, involved in processing of payments through Alipay Services; and
· law enforcement agencies, insurers, government and regulatory authorities or any other organizations to which Alipay, or any Alipay Group company or third party service provider is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation or commercial arrangement;
· entities involved in any merger, acquisition or financing transaction with us; and
· our professional advisors.
See How do we store and protect your personal information? for information on how we keep your personal information secure when sharing it with others.
5. HOW DO WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary to provide you with the Alipay Services or other purposes as set out in this notice. In addition, we may retain your personal information for a longer period (including after you are no longer a User), if it is necessary to comply with laws and regulations applicable to us.
We use a variety of security measures and technologies to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction consistent with applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations.
6. HOW DO WE PROCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CHILDREN?
Our service is not directed towards children under 13 years old nor does Alipay knowingly collect information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not use Alipay Services or submit any personal information to us.
If you are above 13 but below 16 years old, and where we have asked for your consent for collecting your information in order to provide services to you, you must ask your parents or guardian to read this Notice, and use our services or provide us with your information with prior express consent from your parents or guardian. If your guardian disagrees to your use of our services or provision of information to us in accordance with this Notice, please cease immediately the use of our services and notify us promptly so that we can take appropriate actions.
If you, acting as a guardian of a child, have relevant questions in respect of a child’s personal information, please contact us using the details set out in the Contact us section below.
7. THIRD PARTY SERVICES AND SITES
The Alipay Services and our website may provide links to other websites and services (including other online merchant sites) for your convenience and information. These services and websites may operate independently from us. Linked services and websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for these websites’ or services content, any use of these services or websites by you, or the privacy practices of these services or websites.
8. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We may change, amend or revise this Notice from time to time. We will notify you of any substantive or material change in this Notice by sending push notifications, e-mails or letters, by phone or by publishing announcements on our website (https://intl.alipay.com/).
In order to ensure that you receive our notification promptly, we suggest that you notify us promptly of any update to your e-mail address.
You can review this Notice at the home page of our website (https://intl.alipay.com/).
9. CONTACT US
If you have questions or requests about the processing of your personal information, or need additional information, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our business address: Privacy Matters, 1 Raffles Place #59-00 One Raffles Place Tower One, Singapore 048616. Please provide us with your email address and the merchant site your query is related to.